Fixed profile bearings have wide range of applications by slow–moving and turbo machines.
These bearings can be designed and produced with different types of profiles.
Fixed profile bearings construction usually consists of steel body and white metal lining.
Combination thrust/journal designs are available as standard application.
Fixed profile bearings (Radial, Combined radial and axial)
- Cylindrical bore – for low to medium speed applications
- Multi-lobe bore (lemon, 4-lobe, offset, double offset) – for higher speed applications
- Cylindrical or spherical surface with exchangeable segments (electrically insulated possibility)
- Steel C10, C15, S355J2+N
- Contact surfaces of tin or lead based babbit
- Design options include thrust load capacity on the end faces, hydrostatic jacking for use at start up and run down, holes for temperature sensors, oil scraper rings etc.