Tilting pad journal beaings are used in many applications in turbo machines.
One important advantage of these bearings is very good applicability for high surface speed.
- hydrodynamic stability in high surface speed
- low sensitivity to load direction
- low sensitivity to shaft misalignment
- minimizing of oil flow
These bearings can be designed in wide range of variation on the basis of hydrodynamic calculation.
GTW tilting pad journal bearings are designed as folows:
- 5 tilting pads
- directed lubrication
- standard seal
- variable design of bearings seating
- design for both directions of speed
Bearings are produced in range of diameter sizes: 35mm to 500 mm.
Tilting Pad Journal Bearings
- determined by calculations – for high speed applications
- Cylindrical surface with exchangeable segments
- Body of Bearing - Steel S235JR, S355J2+N
- Segments – Steel S355J2+N, 42CrMo4
- Contact surfaces of tin or lead based babbit
Design options include hydrostatic jacking, holes for temperature sensors, oil scraper rings, end seals etc.
Tilting Pad Journal Bearing
Customer: FLENDER (DE, F)
Application: High-speed gearboxes
Bearing bore: determined by calculations
Outer surface: Cylindrical exchangeable segments
Materials: Steel S355J2+N; Tin based babbit